When you really feel like munching on something, when you want something good to go with your beer or hot drink, these great Sesame Snack are a wonderful treat and are super easy to make.
The ingredients are available in every household and the sancks last for a long time in a sealed box. Potentially that is 🙂 because once they’re out of the oven you’ll notice how they slowly disappear 🙂
Ingredients for about 120 sesame rings:
1 Kg all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp salt
200 Gr melted margarine (Do not substitute with butter in this instance!)
3/4 cup oil
2 cups water
For the coating:
1 egg (beaten)
Other options are: Oregano, Zaatar, Black sesame, coarse salt etc.
**Preheat oven to 175C (350F)**
Mix the dry ingredients together, add the wet ingredients and mix until a soft dough forms.
Shape the rings (or sticks if you wish) and place on a baking sheet.
Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame and place in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
These are fun to do witht eh kids as well! You can try and create any shape you want!
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
No related posts.