Veggie Balls with Sauceon October 26th, 2011 Posted in Home Made Cooking
Sometimes just plain meat balls are boring. I wanted to make something healthy, tasty and vegetarian, so the whole family can enjoy it.
I opened the fridge, looked at what i had in it and came up with this great recipe for “Veggie Balls”. I then added the sauce that reminded an Indian sauce – that was really good!You can also use the sauce for other recipes like the “cheese Patties” or any other non-vegetarian recipe you have – It’s just that good 🙂
Preparing the veggie balls:
1. Chop the mushrooms and zucchini really well (best way to do this is use a chopper or food processor)
2. Fry the chopped onion until it’s golden and then add the chopped mushrooms and zucchini to the pan and stir-fry until they are combined and softened and all juices are extracted
3. Place in a bowl and mix with the rest of the ingredients
4. Form small balls, in the size of a ping pong ball – Use wet hands to ease the process
5. Fry on a preheated and oiled pan until golden brown or just brown (depends on how you like it) on both sides
The “Veggie Balls” are now ready! you can eat them like this or you can add the sauce.
Preparing the Sauce:
1. In a small pot heat the 2 tbsp oil (medium- low heat) and add the chopped onion and garlic clove.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients besides the water and stir everything together until it is combined.
3. Once everything is combined, add the water slowly while stirring and lower the heat to “Low”.
4. Cover the pot with a lid.
5. Let cook for about 20 minutes. You will see it boils – If it boils hard simply give it a stir.
Once the sauce is ready, if you want to serve the veggie balls in it, all you need to do is place the ready veggie balls in the sauce and stir.
Leave it on a low heat for about 5 minutes so that the tastes are absorbed better in the veggie balls.