Witch Fingers Cookies for HalloweenBy Maya Moscovich on October 31st, 2011 Posted in Cakes and Cookies
Halloween is so much fun! I think I enjoy it more than the kids do 🙂
Pumpkin is carved; costumes are ready; all that’s left now is to make some creepy snacks to get in the mood.
The kids LOVED these and needless to say it was all gone an hour later 🙂
This recipe is both fun to make and fun to eat and can also be made with kids as it’s very easy to shape and only has a few ingredients.
Happy Halloween Everyone!
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup icing sugar (you can also use regular sugar)
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 30 pieces of sliced almonds (just have the pack handy)
- 1 tbsp red jam (strawberry, raspberry etc.)
- Preheat oven to 325F (165C)
- Prepare parchment paper layered baking sheet
- Beat the butter with the sugar, egg and vanilla extract in a bowl using a stand mixer.
- Gradually add the flour and baking powder while still mixing the batter
- Refrigerate dough for about 10 minutes
- Remove dough from refrigerator and with a teaspoon scoop 1 heaping teaspoon at a time and roll into a thin (not too thin though) finger shaped cookie and place on baking sheet.
- Place a little bit of jam on the tip of each cookie (one at a time) and press one sliced almond onto the jam to form the "fingernail".
- Using a sharp knife, mark 3 lines in the middle and 2 lines right under the "nail"
- (almond) - these will be the knuckles.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cookies are slightly golden in color
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)