White Chocolate CookiesBy Maya Moscovich on February 10th, 2012 Posted in Cakes and Cookies
Every time I go shopping for groceries I keep reminding myself to buy something sweet to go along with my morning coffee or late night tea and when I get to the cookies aisle I stand there, looking at the variety and realizing that it’s either not looking tasty enough, the box is too small or that it’s just too darn expensive in comparison to what you get.
So I usually end up walking with no cookies.Last Saturday I craved for something sweet so badly. The only thing I could find was white chocolate, a big block of it I probably once bought to bake something.
Well…took me 2 minutes of thought, 5 minutes of preparation and additional 10 minutes in the oven and voila! I had white chocolate cookies. I was finally happy J and needless to say the kids were even happier than me.
So here’s how I did it, you can also use chocolate chips of any kind you like:
**Preheat oven to 180C (or 350F)**
115 Gr. Butter (about 0.25 lbs) at room temperature
1 cup grinded white chocolate (use one cup of any kind and form chocolate you want)
½ cup sugar less 3 tbsp (So you fill the ½ cup and take 3 tbsp sugar out)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 flat tsp Baking Soda
½ cup coconut flakes
1 tbsp Caramel syrup/ Maple syrup
And now it’s super easy:
1. Beat butter and sugar together until a bit fluffy.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients, adding the chocolate at the end.
3. Roll small balls (about 2/3 the six of a ping-pong ball)
4. Place on a baking pan with parchment paper on it. Place about 3 inch apart from each other as the cookies spread.
5. Place in the preheated oven for about 7-10 minutes until brown
When you take the cookies out of the oven you’ll see that they are soft. DO NOT remove them from the pan. Let them cool and only then remove.
And there you have It. Sweet home-made cookies in no time, no effort and no problem.
Go ahead, make yourself a cup of coffee, you deserve it 🙂
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)