Broccoli Chickenon February 24th, 2012 Posted in Home Made Cooking
My daughter LOVES it when I make breaded chicken breast (shnitzel) and mashed potatoes for Friday, so that’s what I make every Friday but this time I felt like I’ve had enough of this Friday dinner for a while 🙂 Still.. I thawed some chicken breasts but now I had to think what to make that would taste great, be fast and easy to make and most important – something the kids would like!
I made broccoli chicken breast bites and they loved it. What a relief 🙂
1 Chicken breast but into cubes (bite size)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 tsp celery seeds
1 cup water
20 (ish) broccoli flowers
1 tsp chicken soup flavored powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1. In a pot, warm the oil and then once warm add the celery seeds and chopped onion and fry until it’s transparent.
2. Add in the chicken and mix well until you see it’s becoming white. Make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
3. Add 1 cup water and stir.
4. Add the Broccoli flowers, chicken soup powder and garlic powder and season with some salt and pepper.
5. Place the lid on and let it cook for about 30 minutes on medium-low heat.
Easy right? The beauty of this dish is that you can play with it and add whatever vegetable you want.
I served it with potatoes and salad and everyone were happy 🙂
Sometimes the easiest things are the tastiest ones.