Chocolate Chip Cookies & PuffsBy Maya Moscovich on May 15th, 2012 Posted in Cakes and Cookies
My kids wanted to make cookies and I had a bag of chocolate chips so what’s a better way to use the chocolate chips and satisfy the kids than making chocolate chip cookies?
Why does the heading of the post say “Puffs”? well…we were being creative 🙂
After preparing the cookie mix and adding the chocolate chips into it, we decided to roll the dough into a golf ball size circle and place it on the baking sheet like that. The result was “Chocolate Chip Puffs” that were actually very good – and different 🙂
To get the original chocolate chip cookie shape, we flattened the balls of course. In any case, the experience was nice, the result was tasty and the kids were super happy. Now they keep asking for Chocolate Chip Puffs 🙂
Here’s what you’ll need: (Yields about 25 cookies – depends on size)
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon – baking soda
1 teaspoon – salt
1 cup – softened butter
3/4 cup – brown sugar
3/4 cup – white sugar
1 teaspoon – vanilla
2 cup – chocolate chips
Here’s how you make it:
***Preheat oven to 375F (180-190C)***
1. Blend the butter, sugar and vanilla together.
2. Add dry ingredients to the mix and mix well.
3. Add eggs to the mix and mix well.
4. Add the chocolate chips into the blended dough.
5. Form balls the size of a golf ball and placed on an non-greased baking sheet (for the puffs) or you can flatten these balls on the non-greased sheet for flat cookies.
6. Bake for about 10 minutes.
Easy and tasty and of course you can use various chips (peanut butter, buttermilk, vanilla etc.)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)