Mushroom Bars – Great for the indoor and the outdooron June 20th, 2012 Posted in Baked Goodies
Sometime making another pie is just boring, seriously.
I know, there are a lot of combinations and options, but sometimes I feel like I want something a bit different.
Last Saturday, I came up with this great recipe, it was tested, tasted, and it’s really good so I decided to share:
Ingredients: (for a 24cm round cake pan)
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
100 grams butter – melted
8 Mushrooms (white mushrooms – Champignon) – sliced
½ onion – chopped
1 tbsp dry basil
3 tbsp bread crumbs
Grated/ Cubed cheese, to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
3-4 tbsp cream cheese
***Preheat oven to 350F (180C)***
1. Combine base ingredients together, cool for about 10-15 minutes, spread on 24 inch round baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven – until golden.
When base is ready, remove from oven and let cool. In the meantime, prepare the top.
2. Stir-fry the mushrooms and chopped onion over medium heat until soft and liquids are almost all evaporated.
3. Add dry basil, salt and pepper and remove from heat.
4. Place mushroom mix in a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT for the cream cheese – stir well until combined.
5. Spread the cream cheese on the cooled base.
6. Pour the mushroom mix on top of the base (already with cream cheese on it) and spread evenly.
7. Place in oven for about 30 minutes until golden brown and stable when you touch it.
8. Cut into square bars and serve.
The nice thing about these bars is that they are great both clod and warm so you can eat them anytime, anywhere.