Grilled Lemon Chickenon July 17th, 2012 Posted in Home Made Cooking
This Grilled chicken recipe is so easy! I was amazed. I usually make breaded chicken breast on Friday, but this time I decided it’s too hot to fry and stand in the kitchen for too long so I just mixed the marinade, placed in a zip lock, added the chicken and shook the sealed bag until the chicken was coated with marinade. That was it. No chicken slicing, no dipping in egg, no frying. Just perfect! I grilled it on our barbeque and everyone loved it. Not only that it’s much healthier than the fried chicken, it also had this amazing flavor. A fresh lemony flavor; and the combination of grilling and marinating helped keeping the chicken juicy and full of flavor (and as you know, chicken breast tends to dry when cooked/fried). The bottom line is that this was amazing as well as super easy! Just perfect!
Ingredients (Yields 8 servings)
1 minced garlic clove
1 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried basil
7 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1. In a small bowl, mix all ingredients except for the chicken.
2. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a resealable plastic bag (zip lock); you can divide the 1/2 cup equally between 2 bags if you do not have a big enough bag (that’s what I did).
3. Add the chicken into the bag with marinade, seal the bag and turn/shake to ensure the chicken is fully coated. Place in refrigerator for up to 1 hour.
4. When ready to grill, take the chicken out of the bag and place on preheated grill. Grill the chicken, covered, over medium heat for about 7 minutes on each side.
5. Use extra marinade to occasionally brush the chicken while it’s being grilled.