Grilled Lemon Zucchini – I love my BBQon July 19th, 2012 Posted in Home Made Cooking
I want to start with an ode to my BBQ. Oh BBQ how I love thee, you make summer cooking so easy for me 🙂
And once again, I utilized the BBQ for dinner – I love how easy it is. I always try to make sure that the kids eat their veggies; either raw or cooked or in this instance – barbequed.
Just take a zucchini, make the marinade, then cover the zucchini slices and grill- As easy as that. You’ll get a wonderful vegetable with an even more wonderful flavor. You definitely want to bookmark this one.
- 3 Medium Sized Zucchinis (you can use large ones too)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ lemon – squeezed (you need the juice)
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt to taste
- Optional – 1 tsp Chopped Dill
- Slice the Zucchinis length wise. Every slice needs to be about ½ cm thick (or ⅓ inch)
- Prepare the marinade: Mix all other ingredients well together until combined.
- Pour the marinade over the sliced zucchinis and make sure they are all covered in it.
- Place marinated zucchinis over a preheated BBQ wire rack; Heat over medium heat, covered, for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Zucchinis are ready when they are semi-soft.