Date Swirl – Date Cookies with best dough everBy Maya Moscovich on August 11th, 2012 Posted in Cakes and Cookies
I’m the kind of person who just NEEDS something sweet with his coffee. I am also the picky kind of person, so not every sweet thing would satisfy my sweet tooth 🙂 this is why I end up making my own cookies. I know it’s easier to just go and buy them, but it’s so much more fun to just make them. When we lived in Israel, I always used to make these cookies. They were always ready in time when we had guests, even on a short notice, and my brother used to adore them, I only wish he could be here to taste it, oh well, memories will have to do this time 🙂 Sweet memories!
- 2 hipping tbsp all purpose flour (Or 3 full tbsp)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp water
- Use your favorite. Chocolate, jam, peanut butter, I used date spread.
- Preheat oven to 375F (180C)
- Combine all dough ingredients into soft, even dough. Roll into a ball and leave in the bowl. Place in fridge for 10-15 minutes while you preheat the oven.
- On a floured surface (or on a bi piece of parchment paper) flatten the dough until it’s ½cm thick).
- Spread the filling on top using the back of a tbsp or a spatula.
- Roll the dough and place on a parchment paper layered baking pan and into the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sugar powder before serving and slice into 1cm thick cookies.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)