Blueberry Banana and Cinnamon MuffinsBy Maya Moscovich on August 28th, 2012 Posted in Cakes and Cookies
Once again I had to save a bunch of blueberries from their misery in the fridge 🙂
It was a Saturday morning and the kids were craving something yummy, and frankly, so was I. I open the fridge and I see the blueberries no one would eat just plain, right under the blueberries I also noticed a lonely banana that was placed in the fridge to dodge the fruit flies (I hate them!). Having these 2 fruits in mind I decided to make Blueberry Banana Muffins. Looking back it was a great decision. One and a half hours later, there were no muffins left.
- 1½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ⅓ Cup Vegetable Oil
- ⅓ Cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 2 Cups Fresh (or frozen) Blueberries
- 1 Banana – Mashed
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C)
- Line a cupcake pan with paper cupcake cups
- In a mixer bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, oil, milk and egg. Mix until it is a smooth batter.
- Add the mashed Banana, cinnamon and Blueberries and give it about 3 more stirs. You want to combine the blueberries in the batter but not mash them by mixing.
- Divide the batter between 10 paper cupcake cups. The cups should be ¾ full.
- Place in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes until muffins are nice and brown.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)