Gluten Free Breaded Chicken Breaston September 6th, 2012 Posted in Home Made Cooking
We’re back in business. For the last couple of Fridays I did not make my daughter’s favorite Friday dinner, Shnitzel and mashed potatoes. Well, this Friday they were back but with a slight twist. They were now Gluten Free Shnitzels. Yup, even though none of us is gluten intolerant I decided to make this dish a bit healthier. The results were surprising because I’m not used to using corn meal on my chicken. The kids loved it and it came out as crunchy as ever. I think we just got 2 for the price of 1 – hurray! 🙂
- 1 Egg – Beaten
- 1½ tsp Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 2 Chicken Breasts – Sliced
- Fine Corn Meal
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- Combine the beaten egg and soy sauce together.
- Dip each chicken breast slice in the egg mix and make sure the chicken is covered.
- Dip the egg covered chicken in the corn meal. Coat well.
- Fry on a skillet with preheated ¼ cup oil in it, over medium heat until golden. Once golden, flip to other side and remove from skillet when golden as well