Pineapple MuffinsBy Maya Moscovich on September 7th, 2012 Posted in Cakes and Cookies
We bought a fresh Pineapple about 2 weeks ago and placed it in the fridge to avoid the annoying fruit flies. It didn’t prevent the fruit flies from coming into my kitchen, but it did make us forget about the existence of the poor pineapple. So 2 weeks later we take it out of the fridge and cut it and it’s perfect. But now I need to act fast because sooner or later it’ll go bad. We made some smoothies and ate it fresh and yesterday I took care of the leftovers. I decided to make pineapple muffins. The Pineapple muffins turned out soft, not too sweet and very tasty. Give it a try.
- 1½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- ⅔ Cup Sugar
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- ⅓ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- ⅓ Cup Cream
- ⅓ Cup Juice from the Pineapple Can
- 1 Cup cubed and drained Pineapple (canned or fresh)
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C)
- Place all ingredients except for the pineapple in a mixer bowl and mix well until combined.
- Add the pineapple and stir it into the batter until evenly combined.
- Pour 1 tbsp batter at a time, into a muffin baking pan lined with muffin baking cups. You will have approximately 2 tbsp batter in each muffin cup.
- Place in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)