Curry Vegetables and Tofuon September 8th, 2012 Posted in Home Made Cooking
How many times did I want to make some vegetarian curry for my dear husband and did not have coconut milk? Countless times! Until I decided that this is it, there has to be a way to make yummy curry without having to run to the store and buy coconut milk. So there you have it, my non Asian version of curry vegetables and tofu, kind of a cheat :). I served it on a bed of Jasmine rice and it tastes wonderful. Sometimes the traditional version is not the only one that’s right.
- ½ Onion – Chopped
- 1 ell Pepper – Cut into large pieces
- 2 Carrots – Sliced
- 2 Zucchini – Cubed
- 300gr Firm Tofu – Cubed
- 10-15 Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil + 2 tbsp oil for the vegetables
- 1½ Cup Boiling Hot Water
- ½ Cup Whipping Cream (Unsweetened)
- 1½ tsp Curry Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat 3 tbsp Oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the Tofu cubes and fry until both sides are golden.
- In a pot, preheat the 2 tbsp oil over medium heat and sauté the onion and carrots for about 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and stir a few times.
- Add the water, cream, curry powder and salt and pepper and stir well until combined.
- Add the tofu cubes, lower heat, cover with lid and cook for about 30-35 minutes over low heat.