Chicken With Orangeson September 20th, 2012 Posted in Home Made Cooking
Citrus fruits always remind me of winter. Growing in Israel I remember going with my dad to the orange orchard and picking oranges, putting them in my sweater and carrying them home. I love the taste, the smell, the orange blossom. I also think that citrus fruits always give any dish a sort of lightness and freshness. So I figured, why not use it on our Friday dinner?
- 6 Chicken Thighs – Boneless and Skinless
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- ½ tbsp Mustard
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 Garlic Clove – Minced
- ½ Orange – Peeled and Cubed
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C)
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, mustard, water and garlic.
- Cut the chicken thighs into cubes.
- Place the chicken in a small Pyrex (heat resistant) dish or in a deep baking pan.
- Pour the soy mix over the chicken and add the oranges. Stir the oranges in.
- Cover with foil and place in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil while still in the oven and keep on cooking for additional 10-15 minutes.