Eggs in the Nest – A Creative Breakfaston September 28th, 2012 Posted in Home Made Cooking
When I was about 10 or 11 I got my first cooking book. I remember being so excited because I really liked the thought I could make my own food. Of course, the recipes in the book were designed for kids, and so they were mainly recipes for cookies, sandwiches, hot cocoa and breakfast. One of the breakfast serving tips there actually stuck with me and to this day, I still serve that breakfast exactly like in the book. It’s called “Eggs in the nest” and the reason for this name is the shape and preparation method of this breakfast egg. All in all it’s a sunny side up 🙂 but when you make it with the butter fried bread around it, it turns into a royal breakfast. I’m an adult now, so for me it’s a nice breakfast with some sweet memories on the side, but the kids adored the idea; especially after I redesigned it for them 🙂
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 tbsp butter
- Using a glass or cookie cutter, cut a circle in the middle of the bread slice.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Place the bread on the melted butter for about 3-4 minutes until the bottom of it is brown and nicely fried.
- Turn the bread slice to the other side and pour the egg into the whole you pre- cut in the middle.
- Let it fry for about 3-4 minutes until the egg is ready and the egg white is solid white.
- Remove from skillet, decorate and serve.