Almond Chocolate Cupcakes – With or without a Halloween themeBy Maya Moscovich on October 4th, 2012 Posted in Cakes and Cookies
I have a few websites I like to follow, cooking websites obviously, and everywhere I look all I see is pumpkin. Pumpkin cakes and cookies, pumpkin donuts and breads, pumpkin pies and pastries, and I know it is the season and that orange goes so well will the fall and the upcoming Halloween but to be honest, I’m not sure I like pumpkin 🙂 and I’m not even going to discuss the fact that most of the recipes are from canned pumpkins, not a can fan here. So I was trying to think what I can make that’s tasty, will go well with my morning coffee and of course, will make the kids happy. I went online, copied and printed a bat image. I made a stencil and decided to decorate my almond chocolate cupcakes with it. The kids were thrilled because they were t honed who made the cupcakes and because they got to eat the cupcakes the next morning. Needless to mention that my mission was accomplished and I didn’t even need to use pumpkin.
- 1⅓ Cups All purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ¾ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1½ Cups White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- 1 Cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C)
- Prepare muffin pan lined with muffin cups
- Combine dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Mix well using a mixer until well combined and you get a smooth batter.
- Fill each muffin cup ¾ full and place in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)