Chicken Pot Roast – The food of the lazyon October 5th, 2012 Posted in Home Made Cooking
Some people think I’m always cooking and always loving it, well here’s a news flash, I’m not always in the mood 🙂 Yup! There you have it, I’m a normal person. Sometimes I wish my family can just dine on omelets all week long :)so when I feel like I have no mood for cooking, that’s when I come up with the easiest and laziest recipes. This one is one of them. Chicken and potatoes in one pot – A Pot Roast Chicken with literally almost no work at all.
- ½ Onion - Chopped
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 5 Potatoes – Peeled and cubed
- 10 Chicken Thighs (skinless and boneless)
- 2 Garlic Cloves – Halved
- ½ tbsp Paprika
- ½ tbsp Cumin
- Slat and Pepper
- Hot Boiling Water
- In a cooking pot, heat the oil over medium heat ad add the chopped onion. Sauté until softens.
- Add the garlic and the chicken and stir for about 3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and the spices and stir for another 3 minutes.
- Cover with hot water until the whole content is covered (up until the top of the potatoes and chicken ONLY – do not use too much water)
- Cover the pot and cook over medium- low heat for about 45 minutes.
- Pot roast in ready when the potatoes are ready and you can put a fork through them.