Apple Spice MuffinsBy Maya Moscovich on October 12th, 2012 Posted in Cakes and Cookies
Whether you like it or not it is the apple season. Apples are everywhere and it’s not only beautiful and tasty, it’s healthy too. I know, I know, it’s not as healthy when you put it in a muffin, but let’s just pretend 🙂 and anyways, there is no doubt that the sweet smell of apples and cinnamon and allspice in the house is definitely healthy for the soul. I made these muffins last week (sorry for the delay, have no time to breathe these days) and they were gone after 1 hour, now what does that mean?
- ½ Cup Butter
- ⅔ Cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1½ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ¾ tsp Allspice
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Apple Sauce (I just put fresh apples in a food processor)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C)
- Prepare a cupcake pan layered with 12 muffin cups
- Whisk the butter and sugar together until white and soft.
- Add the eggs and mix well until even and fluffy.
- Add the other ingredients and mix well until fully combined.
- Pour into muffin paper cups until they are ¾ full and place in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)