Tabbouleh Salad – A Mediterranean Classicon October 13th, 2012 Posted in Salads
Most of you are probably familiar with some version of this wonderful salad but for those of you who are not familiar, the salad below is Tabouli salad. You may know it as Couscous Salad as well. It is the perfect combination of couscous and fresh vegetables. The great thing about this salad is not only that it has such a wonderful fresh taste, it only gets better with time. The couscous is basically wheat and as such, it absorbs flavors and fluids so you can only imagine how it will taste like after you mix it with tomatoes, mint and lemon. It goes well with almost everything an if you’re on a diet, I’m no expert but I can safely say that this can be a great side dish for your fish, chicken or even steak. The variety of colors, textures and flavors in this salad makes my belly and mouth so happy 🙂
- ½ Cup Couscous
- ½ Fresh Tomato – Finely chopped into small cubes
- 2 Fresh Cucumbers – Finely chopped into small cubes
- ½ Carrot – Grated
- 5 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Parsley – Finely Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Mint Leaves- Finely Chopped
- Before you mix the salad, place the couscous in a small bowl and pour 1 Cup warm water on it. Let stand covered for 5 minutes, mix with fork and place in salad bowl.
- Mix the vegetables, the greens, the lemon juice and olive oil with the couscous and serve.