Black and White Butter CookiesBy Maya Moscovich on October 16th, 2012 Posted in Cakes and Cookies
We had such a relaxing weekend. We actually didn’t do anything! We just ate, watched TV, had a movie night and basically just chilled. Of course, our lack of motivation to do something else was a direct result of the wintery weather outside. It was way too cold and way too wet to think about an outdoor activity or about any activity as a matter of fact; so what do you think I did? Yup! Baked; Come on…when the winds are blowing it’s time for cookies and milk isn’t it? And so, I did just that. Took me maybe 5 minutes to prepare the batter, gave it another 30 minutes in the fridge and about 20 minutes after I had freshly baked cookies. The best kind of cookies – Simple!
- 200 grams butter – melted
- 2½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Place all ingredients in a mixer bowl and mix well until combined.
- Divide dough in 2. Place one half aside and to the other half add 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder and mix well until combined.
- Place both dough halves in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- To shape the cookies, take ½ tsp from the light dough and ½ from the dark dough and create a small ball.
- Place on baking sheet lined with baking paper and flatten with your fingers.
- Place in pre-heated oven for 15 minutes until edges are starting to become brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool and keep in sealed container for freshness.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)