Sweet and Sour Chicken Drumstick – Kids’ Favoriteon October 19th, 2012 Posted in Home Made Cooking
Whenever we go out for some Chinese food, the kids always have the same thing – Sweet and Sour Chicken; and to be honest I like it too, but I never thought I can make sweet and sour chicken at home, well apparently I can. The only thing is that I didn’t have chicken breast or any other part of chicken I can cut into cubes. The only thing I had was chicken drumsticks, so I improvised and made sweet and sour drumsticks. The kids liked the idea and the chicken; it was gone before I even noticed. I can’t believe I didn’t make this all these years; this is definitely staying with us.
- 6 Chicken Drumsticks
- ¼ cup oil
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tbsp soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C)
- Preheat the ¼ cup oil in a skillet over medium heat
- In one bowl, beat the egg and in a separate bowl have the corn starch ready
- Dip each drumstick in the corn starch and then in the beaten egg and place on preheated skillet with oil
- Fry the chicken until it is starting to look golden brown but not fully fried. Fry about 4 minutes and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix all the sauce ingredient together until fully combined
- Arrange the partially fried chicken drumsticks in a small baking pan (preferably deep or a Pyrex) and pour the sauce batter over it. Make sure everything is coated with the sauce.
- Cover with foil and place in preheated oven for 45 minutes
- After 45 minutes, remove foil and return into oven for additional 10-15 minutes uncovered