Breaded Mushrooms Appetizer with Home Made DipBy Maya Moscovich on October 30th, 2012 Posted in Home Made Cooking
On the same day I made the breaded turkey meatballs I decided to make something just before I start cooking. Something to munch on that will help lower the crazy levels of hunger I was in. I noticed that when I’m hungry or mad the food doesn’t come out right so making this little munch was a good idea, for the sake of everyone 🙂
We love mushrooms! All of us, even the kids; they can eat raw mushrooms for snack at school, so I decided to take advantage of that and make breaded mushrooms with a home made dip. I wasn’t sure how it would turn out so I didn’t make too many, looking back I should have doubled the amount.
- 7 White Mushrooms – Halved
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4 tbsp Bread Crumbs
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Za’atar (Optional)
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 3 tbsp Mayo
- 1 tbsp Ketchup
- ¼ tbsp Soy Sauce
- In a medium bowl beat the egg with the soy sauce.
- In a separate bowl, mix the bread crumbs, garlic powder, Zaatar and sesame seeds.
- Preheat vegetable oil in a frying pan (about ½ cm deep) over medium heat.
- Dip the mushroom halves in the egg mix fist and them in the bread crumb mix until fully coated
- Place in the preheated oil and let fry for about 2 minutes on each side or until brown.
- Mix the mayo, ketchup and soy sauce well and serve.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)