Sweet And Sour Chicken Stripson November 15th, 2012 Posted in Home Made Cooking
Every Friday the kids like to eat chicken, preferably breaded and fried, but I admit that it’s too much work for me sometimes, especially after a long day at work. I wish the kitchen was my only work but it’s not so I have to make changes sometimes to ease myself and make food faster yet tasty. This Friday I decided to take the chicken breast I had and make strips in sauce to serve with the potatoes I was roasting. This is a great recipe and kids’ favorite because it’s semi sweet. It’s easy to make and can be served with anything – bonus points for that.
- 2 Chicken Breasts (Boneless and Skinless) – Cut into strips
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion – Sliced
- ¾ Can (100gr) Tomato Paste
- ½ Lemon – Juiced
- 4 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1½ tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 Cup Hot Water
- Heat oil over medium heat and add the sliced onion. Sauté onion until soft while stirring.
- Add the tomato paste and mix, then add the rest of the ingredients and stir well until combined. Let boil.
- Add in the chicken strips and stir. Cover pot with lid and let cook over medium heat for 25 minutes while stirring occasionally.