Real Hot Cocoaon January 28th, 2013 Posted in Sweets
It’s almost the end of January which officially leaves us with one more month of bitter cold winter. I don’t care what everyone else says; as far as I’m concerned winter is almost over! Now, what’s better than a cup of hot cocoa on a cold winter day? I usually just go for the easy fix and make the kids some hot chocolate with the chocolate premix and some warm milk, but when I’m really in the mood I make this hot cocoa and believe me, it is incomparable to the hot chocolate mix. You can actually taste the chocolate in this one. So go, make yourself a cup of hot cocoa, make yourself cozy in front of the TV or a good book, and enjoy winter! When I want to feel really cozy I even add a shot of Bailey’s or Kahlua.
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 tsp Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp White Sugar
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pour the milk into a medium saucepan and heat over medium heat until the milk begins to boil (you’ll see tiny bubbles, don’t wait for it to fully boil).
- Add the sugar and sprinkle to cocoa powder while mixing to avoid lumps. Stir in the saucepan until no lumps. Add the vanilla extract and stir.
- Keep saucepan on stove-top and let boil gently. Once it forms some foam, remove from heat.
- Pour into a mg and add some marshmallows.