Cookie Cutter Ginger CookiesBy Maya Moscovich on January 31st, 2013 Posted in Cakes and Cookies
I’m always looking to keep the kids busy while trying to make sure that whatever they do is potentially productive. So for example, they like washing dishes, fine with me! Whatever keeps them busy 🙂 they like to beat the eggs when I’m baking and to help me out with baking and cooking; so all I did was to enhance their fun. We decided that gingerbread man cookies shouldn’t be shaped as little fat men, but rather that they should be shaped in different shapes and be decorated with stuff that is not necessarily icing or colors; and that’s when we started making ginger cookies. The kids enjoyed decorating and cutting them and I enjoyed the fact that they are enjoying. Also, as a side note, the mess they made wasn’t as big as I thought it would be so YAY for me too!! These cookies turned out amazing. They are not too sweet and crunch perfectly in your mouth. Kids had them with hot cocoa and we enjoyed them with a nice cup of tea – everyone’s happy and I managed to keep them busy with no TV or video games, hurray!
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger (Powder)
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 4 tbsp Honey (liquid)
- 4 tbsp Water
- 100gr Butter in room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
- Place all the ingredients in a mixer bowl and mix together until fully combined and you get a dough ball.
- Divide into 2 smaller balls and start with flattening the 1st dough ball with a rolling pin until it is about ½ cm thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut into shapes. You can also use a sharp knife or pizza slicer and cut into squares.
- Line shaped dough pieces on baking sheet covered with parchment paper and place in the oven for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Once ready, remove from oven and set aside to completely cool.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)