Stir Fry Tofu in Butter Chicken Sauceon February 18th, 2013 Posted in Home Made Cooking
The next few posts are going to be about the new “Summer Fresh” line up of 5 delicious sauces. Why, you ask? Because “Food Bloggers of Canada” have partnered with “Summer Fresh” and gave 15 lucky food bloggers the opportunity to taste test the sauces, the whole line up. What do I mean by taste test? Well, every food blogger selected will get the 5 sauces and will have to come up with yummy and original recipes for each of the sauces. The selected recipes will be featured on “Food Bloggers of Canada”, so you see – it’s a win-win.
Now why am I telling you this? I guess you already guessed, I’m one of the lucky food bloggers! 🙂 so last week I received a box with the sauces and my mind started racing, so many options so little time.
To give you an idea of the various options, here is the complete sauce lineup:
- 3 Peppercorn Sauce
- Butter Chicken Sauce
- Cranberry Madeira Sauce
- Mushroom Marsala Sauce
- Thai Curry Sauce
For this recipe I used the “Butter Chicken” sauce, it’s tangy and has the Indian flavor we love so much at home so it worked out perfectly. As I mentioned a few times in the past, my husband is vegetarian so I obviously went with a vegetarian dish. This dish is full of flavor and will go well on everything, whether it’s rice, noodles or potato you’re in for a treat. Bottom line, we all liked this one! Can’t wait to try the other sauces!
- ¾ container “Butter Chicken” Sauce by “Summer Fresh” (about 450gr)
- 3 Mushrooms – Sliced
- 14 Cherry Tomatoes – Halved
- 200gr Tofu (firm) – Cubed
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander – Chopped
- 3 tbsp Coffee Cream (18%) or Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- In a Wok or a deep frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium- high heat
- Add in the cubed tofu and let fry about 4 minutes on each side until you see it starts turning light brown
- Add in the tomatoes and mushrooms and toss in the wok for about 2-3 minutes
- Pour in the “Butter Chicken’ sauce and stir until veggies and tofu are fully coated
- Add in coffee cream and coriander and stir occasionally
- Let cook while stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes and serve over a bed of rice, potatoes or noodles.