Romanian Style Kebab in Peppercorn Sauceon February 21st, 2013 Posted in Home Made Cooking
Ever since we moved to Canada I haven’t had the chance to eat Romanian Kebabs.
These flavorful patties are so good! In Israel you can find it in every grocery store and it is especially good when it’s barbequed. So yeah, it took me three and a half years but I finally decided to make kebabs. Adding the fact that I just bought a new meat grinder made the decision even easier.
Now, if you ask yourself “but how do I serve it?” there are two easy answers, the first is you BBQ it and serve, the second is you cook it on a cast iron pan and serve as is or even better with sauce on top. It so happened that as I mentioned in my previous post, I have the whole line up of the new “Summer Fresh” sauces, so guess what? The dish was totally upgraded by using the “3 Peppercorn” sauce. After preparing the patties I heated up the sauce, drizzled over the dish and voila! The perfect kebab – “Summer Fresh” Style! Of course you can just go ahead and eat the kebab plain, it’s still delicious 🙂
- 450gr Ground Pork Meat
- 550gr Ground Beef Meat
- 1 Cup Beef Stock
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 7 Garlic Cloves – Minced
- ½ Cup Fresh Parsley – Chopped
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- “3 Peppercorn” Sauce by “Summer Fresh”
- Mix all the ingredients well together until fully combined.
- Create ping pong size balls and either flatten a bit or roll into a sausage form
- Fry on a lightly greased cast iron pan over medium-high heat until brown and then flip to cook other side (Alternatively BBQ over medium-high heat)
- Heat “Summer Fresh" sauce over medium heat, constantly stirring, until warm
- Plate the kebabs and drizzle with warm peppercorn sauce