Strawberry and Whipped Cream Spelt SquaresBy Maya Moscovich on April 5th, 2013 Posted in Cakes and Cookies
I recently discovered that you can actually bake pancake batter and get a whole different thing than pancakes. So of course, I decided to try it out with Spelt flour which is very low in gluten and so much better than the traditional white flour.
This was super easy and ended up being so good. I mean, what can go wrong with a pastry topped with strawberries and whipped cream right? I made these, placed in a sealed container and into the fridge. You should have seen the kids’ faces the morning after when they got to taste it. “Mom, this is so fancy, we are having a fancy breakfast”
Hey, I made my kids feel VIP, isn’t this what it’s all about? Try it for your family, kids, and friends or just as a super quick entertaining solution. It works.
- 1½ Cups Spelt Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Vegetable Oil
- Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
- Mix the ingredients (except for the topping ingredients) in a bowl. Whisk until fully combined into a batter.
- Pour into a parchment paper covered baking pan and spread a bit until about ½ inch thick.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until golden.
- Cut into squares (2 inch X 2 inch) while still hot and let cool.
- Top each square with whipped cream and sliced strawberries, cover with another square and top the same way.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)