Chicken Drumsticks and Olives – Kids’ New Favoriteon April 22nd, 2013 Posted in Home Made Cooking
Sometimes roasted or grilled chicken drumsticks simply do not do the trick with my kids. What, Drumsticks again? Mommy, can you peel the skin off? I don’t feel like eating this, and much more creative versions of this is what I’ll be getting If I keep making drumsticks the easiest and most obvious way. Well then, I had to find another easy and fast way to prepare drumsticks. My kids like a good gimmick, an interesting addition, so I figured that if I add their favorite pizza extra topping (olives) they’ll be happy with it. Apparently I was right. So I made the chicken drumsticks with olives, cooked in a super fast sauce. The thing I liked most is the fact that after only a few minutes of preparation I could leave it to cook and come back after 45 minutes to simply serve. The chicken is tender and the olives add their natural saltiness the kids like so much. It also reminded me of a Moroccan dish I used to eat and loved it, so as far as this dish goes I think I did a pretty good job. Kids loved it and mommy was once again the “Kitchen Hero”.
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ¼ Onion (medium) - Chopped
- 8 Chicken Drumsticks (I removed the skin)
- 4 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 Cups Hot Water
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Cup Green Pitted Olives
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a medium sized pot, heat up the oil over medium heat and add the chopped onion. Saute for about 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add the drumsticks and stir for about 4 minutes until they begin changing color (white layer)
- In a small bowl, mix the water and tomato paste well and add mix into the drumsticks
- Add in the garlic powder, paprika, cumin and olives and stir
- Add the salt and pepper and stir
- Lower to medium-low heat and cover with lid. Let cook for 45 minutes.