Sweet and Simple Coconut Walnut CookiesBy Maya Moscovich on April 23rd, 2013 Posted in Cakes and Cookies
I’m one of those crazy people that like their kitchen cupboards as clean and empty as possible. Well, not empty per say, but functional. I mean, I don’t like it when I have stuff lying around, perhaps expired or just no longer usable or needed. I like to know that when I open my cupboard I have exactly what I need and that it’s all tidy. Well, what I want and what I have is sometimes two completely separate things. Keeping that in mind; I was going through one of the kitchen cupboards the other day, and found 1/2 bag of walnuts. Surprisingly enough, there was another one there only sealed. Why would I buy a new bag if I still have the old one? Only god knows. But now I was facing a new “challenge of the day”, what to make with as many walnuts as possible.
Well, it was pretty obvious to me, something sweet! So I added some ingredients and hoped for the best and guess what? It worked. Yummy walnut cookies! Tadaaa!!!
- 2 egg whites
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 100gr shredded walnuts
- 100gr Shredded Coconut
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325F (165C).
- Prepare baking pan covered with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, Whisk egg whites until frothy and stir in vanilla extract.
- Combine shredded walnuts, sugar, flour, coconut and salt in a separate bowl.
- Slowly stir egg white mix into walnut mix until well combined and form a batter.
- Scoop batter by the tablespoon and drop onto prepared baking sheet. Flatten with your fingers.
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes until they start to get a golden shade
- Let cookies cool on wire rack and store in sealed container
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)