Mini Chocolate Brownie MuffinsBy Maya Moscovich on April 29th, 2013 Posted in Cakes and Cookies
Weather is starting to get warmer and we definitely see a bit more sun these days. While most normal people would prefer spending a sunny day on their decks just soaking in vitamin D, I would probably prefer to work in the garden or surprise- surprise, bake something.
So the other day I went to Wal-Mart with my girl to buy some cupcake decorating supplies for her birthday. They had a Mini Muffin Pan (Clickable link) on sale and once again, I just couldn’t resist. Bake and cookware on sale immediately turn me into a kid in a candy store. So of course I purchased my new toy and rushed to the kitchen.
I didn’t feel like baking the traditional fluffy muffins, I wanted something sweet and chocolaty. The solution was crystal clear – Brownies!
How fabulous would it be to bake brownies in mini muffin cups? Very cool! Not to mention super convenient and pretty. So that’s exactly what I did. I also added some almond extract because as I mentioned in the past, I just LOVE the smell of almond extract, it kind of adds sweetness without the sugar; it’s just so good.
I ended up making 16 mini brownie muffins which ended up being eaten in about 30 minutes. That’s about one mini brownie muffin every two minutes – pretty impressive don’t you think? Oh yeah – they were DELICIOUS!
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon Almond extract
- ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter – melted
- Icing Sugar – for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C)
- Place mini muffin cups inside mini muffin baking pan
- Melt butter and set aside
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together and then add the melted butter. Mix well until batter is smooth.
- Pour into mini muffin cups (about ¾ full) and place in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes
- Sprinkle with icing sugar or cover with icing
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)