Baked Cheese Balls with Sundried Tomatoeson May 18th, 2013 Posted in Baked Goodies
Sometimes I’m just looking for ways to make my life easier, like multitasking, like procrastinating and like baking instead of cooking.
This time I really wanted cheese balls but the ones you can usually find recipes for are the ones that mix a few kinds of cheese together, roll into a ball and serve with a nice piece of bread. Well, I wanted something different, I’m not sure why but these” raw” cheese balls are associated with either a fancy reception or breakfast in my head, so I had to come up with something different since I wanted to serve these for dinner.
After thinking about it, I decided to try and bake my cheese balls and make cheese bites.
So I decided I’d roll the balls in sesame, but of course I open the cupboard and see that I have maybe 1 tsp sesame left – great, now what?
I look above the sesame and I see a bag of walnuts – bingo! I can dice them in a food processor and voila! I get a walnut coating for my cheese bites. I mix, I roll, I coat, I bake, I hope, I cross my fingers and it works. I take the baked goodies out of the oven and they are beautiful and smell awesome. The kids taste test it and love it, the hubby gets it for dinner with a side of fresh salad and loves it. Well, I guess taking the short cut did work this time.
- 75gr Cheese – Grated (1½ Cups)
- ½ cup Cottage Cheese
- ¼ cup Sun-dried Tomatoes – Chopped
- 1 tsp Dry Basil
- ½ tsp Dry Oregano
- 5 tbsp Bread Crumbs
- 1 Egg
- Diced Walnuts or Sesame Seeds for coating
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C)
- Mix all the ingredients together (except for the walnuts/ sesame) until fully combined
- Scoop mix with a teaspoon and roll into balls
- Roll the balls in the diced walnuts or sesame seeds and place on a parchment paper covered baking sheet
- Place in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes and serve