Garlic Mustard Breaded Chicken Stripson July 30th, 2013 Posted in Home Made Cooking
My kids can eat breaded chicken and chicken nuggets or fingers on any given day, all day, everyday. But me? After 2 weekends in a row I kind of get tired of frying chicken.
Not that I don’t like it, because I do, but sometimes it just seems too boring. Same flavor, same texture, same everything, I like to try different variations of the same food.
Luckily I had a can of Maille’s “Mustard and White Wine” so I figured, why not try using this? Of course, you can make this yummy dish with any type of mustard you have.
<>The combination of mustard and garlic and the fact that the chicken is marinated in this divine mix made these chicken bites so good! The chicken came out tender and juicy and the coating was crunchy and just fantastic.
- 6 Boneless and Skinless Chicken Thighs – Cut into strips
- 3 tsp Mustard (I used Maille’s Mustard and White Wine)
- 1 Garlic Clove – Minced
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 Egg
- Bread Crumbs – For Coating
- In a bowl ,whisk together the mustard, garlic, paprika and egg.
- Place the chicken strips in the batter and fold in until fully coated; Now let the whole mix stand for 30 minutes before frying.
- Preheat oil on a frying pan oven medium- high heat. Oil should be about ½ inch deep.
- Dip each chicken strip in bread crumbs until coated and place in the preheated oil.
- Fry on each side until nice and brown.
Disclaimer: I received 3 gift coupons from Maille Canada through their offer on the FBC webpage. I purchased the mustard in this recipe using these coupons and as part of their efforts to better familiarize their new products.