Cookies And Lemon Cheesecake BallsBy Maya Moscovich on August 14th, 2013 Posted in Cakes and Cookies | Sweets
My dear husband really wanted me to make him a cheesecake. So like a good loving wife, I immediately went out and bought 2 packs of cream cheese for my cheesecake recipe.
This happened 2 weeks ago, and guess what? The cream cheese containers were still in my fridge, up until yesterday when I finally made up for NOT making the cheesecake.
My intentions were good! Swear to god, but life got in the way and the bottom line is that there was no cheesecake.
So yesterday I finally made up my mind to make a cheesecake, but one look at the fridge made me realize that even if do end up making that cheesecake, chances are that I’m not going to have any space to store it. Did I already mention I need a bigger fridge?
But fear not, there WAS cheesecake at the end of the day, just smaller, much smaller, in fact the cheesecake was served in balls (conveniently stored in a container), bites if you will; And it was so good I’m actually thinking “how the heck have I never thought of it sooner?”
It was perfect! No-bake cheesecake, rolled into balls with the perfect flavor and so easy to make, my daughter helped rolling the balls.
It’s basically cheesecake ingredients rolled into bite sized balls and covered with cookie crumbs. I’m also thinking that if I want to make it fancy I can just serve it with strawberry syrup on top or chocolate even. This is exactly what I like; easy stuff that looks like you spent the entire day making. Simple yet impressive!
These cheesecake balls have cookies inside and outside and if you want, you can get creative and cover them with sprinkles, shredded coconut, nuts and so much more.
Everyday available ingredients that turn to a cheesecake fiesta; that’s the bottom line here.
- 450gr Cream Cheese
- 150gr Sour Cream (the thicker the better)
- 300gr Tea Biscuits/ Sweet Graham Crackers
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Corn starch
- Zest from ½ Lemon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Cookie Crumbs/ Coconut/ Sprinkles – for coating
- Place the tea biscuits in a large Ziploc bag and smash into little pieces (the smaller the better – but not completely ground) – I use a rolling pin and simply rolled the pin on top of the cookies in the bag until the were crumbs.
- Place the cookie crumbs along with the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together until combined into an even mix.
- Prepare a small bowl with additional cookie crumbs/ coconut or any other topping for coating the cheesecake balls
- Using 2 teaspoons scoop the cheese batter and drop into the bowl with the cookie crumbs (or any other chosen coating)
- Roll in the coating crumbs and form a ball.
- Repeat with the rest of the mix and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Update and disclosure: I also entered this recipe to the 2nd annual cookie contest (Christmas In July) sponsored by “Eat In Eat Out Magazine” (www.eatineatout.ca).
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)