Mini Pizza Kugel Muffins – The Perfect Size for A Lunchboxon August 16th, 2013 Posted in Baked Goodies | Home Made Cooking
Last year I decided that if I can avoid giving the kids just plain bread sandwiches to school, then I should. Not only that the alternative is usually healthier and more nutritious, but I also noticed that the crazy amount of Gluten in bread and other gluten rich foods, was affecting my son’s mood and ability to concentrate.
So it started last year and I’m still doing my best to avoid sandwiches and gluten. It’s not always easy; there isn’t always a go-to solution when I start thinking of what I should pack in the kids’ lunch boxes.
So sometimes it’s salads (like today), sometimes it’s pies, gluten free pizzas and sometimes it’s these mini pizza flavored Kugels.
Why kugels? Well, even though these are made in a muffin pan, kugels are made of pasta or noodles, and so are these. You can call them muffins if you want but for me they’re kugels 🙂
Anyway, these are easy and taste great. You can play with the extras to them if you don’t like olives (you can replace with bell peppers, feta cheese or even tuna or pepperoni). My kids love them and I bet yours will too. Who doesn’t like a nice looking, great tasting and compact sized lunch?You can also make these with leftover small/thin noodles or pasta you have.
- 2 ½ cups Small Cooked Pasta (I used the Alphabet Gluten Free Pasta)
- 2 ½ Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbsp Dry Oregano
- ¼ cup Whipping Cream (Heavy Cream)
- 1 Egg
- ½ tsp Salt
- Olives – For the topping
- Preheat oven to 375F (180C)
- Spray a non stick muffin pan (6 cups) with oil or spread butter
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients together except for the extras to go on top (in this instance it’s the olives)
- Top with the olives (or any other extra topping you want)
- Fill each muffin cup to the top and place in the preheated oven for 35 minutes