Rooibos Infused Vanilla Chocolate Mini Baked DonutsBy Maya Moscovich on September 17th, 2013 Posted in Baked Goodies | Cakes and Cookies
When I received an email announcing about yet another challenge I immediately opened it. In the email there was an invitation to take part in a challenge that involved organic milk and other high quality ingredients.
Although I had no idea what I’ll need to do and with what ingredients – I knew I’m in.
I mean, it’s Organic Milk and a Challenge – have you met me? Have you been reading me? This was mine.
Why is it called “Brown Bag Recipe Challenge”? Easy, it’s a challenge, and to get the mystery ingredients I had to go to Just Us! Coffee and pick up my brown bag.
So after completely forgetting to pick up my bag and then remembering it when it was almost too late, I picked up the bag with the mystery ingredients. I rushed to the car (that was of course parked where you shouldn’t park) and as I set down I had to tear the bag open and find out what I was against.
In the bag, I got 2 packs of Organic Chocolate (Hand Made) – One white and one dark; I also got a pack of Just Us! Coffee Organic Cane Sugar, Vanilla -Rooibos Tea and of course the Organic Milk from East Coast Organic Milk.
After reading the rules and instructions on this challenge I started brain storming (while driving), I had to come up with something that will incorporate ALL of the ingredients.
I have to admit, I’ve never tasted Rooibos Tea and I had no idea what to do with it.
After getting home, tasting the tea and indulging myself with a cube of fine Organic Chocolate alongside with a nice glass of Organic Milk, I knew exactly what I’m going to make – Donuts!! But not just regular donuts, they’re going to be baked.
So Rooibos Infused Mini Baked Chocolate Vanilla Donuts it is.
- 5 tbsp Butter
- ⅓ Cup Sugar (I used Organic Cane Sugar by Just Us! Coffee)
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Cup Milk (I used Organic Milk by East Coast Organic Milk)
- ¼ Cup Rooibos Vanilla Tea (2 tsp tea steeped in ¼ cup hot water)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1½ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 35 grams White Chocolate – Grated (I used Just Us! Coffee white chocolate)
- Dark Chocolate – Finely grated to top donuts (I used Just Us! Coffee dark chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 325F (165C) and have a mini donut non-stick pan ready
- In a large bowl mix the butter and sugar together until fully combined (I use a fork to mash them together until evenly combined)
- Add in the egg, milk, steeped tea (liquids only) and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the baking powder, flour and grated white chocolate and stir all together until fully combined with no lumps.
- To make it easier transfer some of the batter into a piping bag (or a Ziploc bag with a cut corner).
- Pipe the batter onto your mini donut baking sheet, making sure you only fill each donut ring ½ way (this will ensure you get donuts and not weird looking mini muffins)
- Place into the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes
- After removing from the oven, immediately transfer onto a plate (or any other flat surface) and sprinkle with the finely grated dark chocolate (I grated directly above the warm donuts so it could melt a bit)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)