Moist Lemon Muffins With Coconut OilBy Maya Moscovich on March 27th, 2014 Posted in Cakes and Cookies
Nothing says spring more than lemons right? their color, their smell, their freshness, it just feels like after a long winter nap, your senses come to life.
My husband’s parents have their own lemon tree, and every year like a clock, it gives so many lemons, and they’re all so big a juicy. The only catch is that our family lives thousands of miles away and even though the lemons are super great, they usually don’t make it all the way here, except for this year.
Two weeks ago we received 2 parcels in the mail. The scent that came from them when my husband picked them up at the post office meant only one thing – lemons!
Yep, we got some lemons, lots of them actually, so naturally we made lots of lemonade and we use them in salads but we are now at the point where we need to really make sure we use them before we lose them.
The first thing I thought was lemon meringue pie, but that’s so obvious and boring (and also requires some work which I had no intention of doing) so I went for the least work and maximum flavor – Lemon Muffins. I used my Coconut Oil in it instead of utilizing butter and the results are amazing! My son was helping me out and almost couldn’t resist eating the batter. There’s something about the mix of coconut and lemon that is hard to resist, fresh and tropical and just so irresistible.
I glad I made these muffins, because now I’ll also have something to give the kids to school as snack. The only thing I’m thinking of changing is the use of plain all purpose flour because I’m not a big fan, but one batch of muffins won’t kill me would it?
Now all that’s left to do is sit back, sip on a cup of mint tea, grab a Coconut Lemon Muffin and let the sunshine in. Simple.
- ½ Cup + 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil (Solid)
- ½ Cup + 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp Lemon Zest
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- ½ Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 ½ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 375F (180C) and line a 12-cup muffin baking sheet with paper muffin cups (or you can brush the baking sheet with some oil)
- In a mixer bowl beat the coconut oil, sugar and lemon zest until you get a fluffy mix
- Add in the eggs, sour cream and lemon juice and mix until you get an even cake batter
- Add in the flour and baking powder and mix well until the batter is even and has no lumps in it
- Using a large spoon, divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top and a cake tester inserted, comes out dry
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)