Chocolate ‘Rolo’ Chia Seeds Pudding – Kids’ New Favoriteon February 13th, 2015 Posted in Home Made Cooking | Sweets
After a couple times of making the Quick Coconut Pineapple Chia Seeds Pudding I decided to upgrade the pudding (kid-wise) and use my favorite ingredient in the whole wide world – chocolate.
Yeah yeah, it’s not so healthy right? but really, the pudding is so healthy that a tiny thing like chocolate won’t get in the way would it?
So I made a whole new pudding using sweetened chocolate milk powder (Nesquik and friends) and put a little surprise on the bottom of each cup – a mini ‘Rolo’ chocolate.
Don’t tell anyone, but other than being really delicious, the rolo is there as bait 😉 you see, the kids will have to finish up their whole cup in order to reach the rolo, so the way I see it it’s the holy grail and they are on a mission – will the make it? I bet they will!
This pudding is not only packed yet again with Omega-3, it’s also very filling and delicious – look at that, and adventure and breakfast all in one. Ta-da!
You can of course choose to not use any rolo at all or use an alternative chocolate ‘bait’, everything goes when it comes to chocolate.
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Coconut (Finely Shredded)
- ½ Cup Chia Seeds
- A pinch of Salt
- ¾ Cup Cold Chocolate Milk (made with ¾ cup water and 3 tsp Chocolate Milk Powder)
- 1½ Cup Coconut Milk (Full Fat - I used the canned one)
- 5 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 12 mini Rolo Chocolates (and more for decorating on top)
- In a bowl you mix the Chia Seeds and Coconut together
- Add in the coconut milk and cold chocolate milk
- Finally, add the maple syrup and stir all together well
- Place 2 'rolo' chocolates on the bottom of each cup
- Using a ladle or a large spoon, divide into glasses/ containers/ mason jars evenly and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving (the more the better)
- Once the pudding is set, you can serve with a piece of 'rolo' on top