Vegan Strawberry Mango Creamsicles – Coconut Milk Popsicleon August 23rd, 2016 Posted in Home Made Cooking
Summer is almost over but the humidity and Heat are still here (yay) and so are u-picks (yay).
we went Strawberry picking a while back and came back with so many of them! Just awesome! Obviously I had to make something yummy, cool if possible (to relieve the heat) and goes without saying that if it’s something the little munchkin can enjoy as well, I will be announced our family’s Strawberry champ. So I made these oh so good Creamsicles! I call the Creamsicles because really, if it’s not water/juice based and has a fruity-fudgey consistency – it’s not a Popsicle, it’s Creamsicle.
Anywho, these are so good!! Based on coconut milk and fruit and really take zero time to make. The hardest part is the enticipation. I made these in my ‘Magic Bullet‘ which I’m not sure what I’d do without these days. I just make almost everything using the ‘bullet’; pancakes, purée for baby, Creamsicles, dressing, sauce, chopped nuts, you name it. I’m obsessed with it 🙂
So yeah, I used my ‘bullet’ for these but you can definitely use a chopper or food processor, no problem at all.
Ready? Here’s how:
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Strawberries
- 1 Mango, peeled and cut into chunks
- Maple Syrup
- In a magic bullet or food processor, place the mango pieces and ⅓ of the coconut milk can
- Add 4 Tbsp Maple Syrup (you can add more or less to taste)
- Pulse until puréed and divide between 10 Popsicle molds (depending on the mold size)
- Place Strawberries, remaining ⅔ can coconut milk and 4-5 Tbsp Maple Syrup in food processor and pulse until puréed
- Divide between Popsicle molds, adding the strawberry mix on top of the mango purée you already have in the molds
- place in the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight