I just recently found out about Chia Seeds.
I know, I know, they’ve been trending for a while now, but it was only when I saw a family size pack of organic Chia seeds that I decided to find out what everyone is talking about.
So yeah, they say it’s healthy, but so is sleeping and I don’t get too much of that either…
I started reading about chia and apparently it is an amazing source of Omega-3 and very healthy.
As I was reading more about it I also found out that once you heat the Chia seeds (for example use in baking etc.) the Omega-3 vanishes and the health benefits of it are diminished to almost none.
So now I knew that since I have this family size pack at home, I need to find something to do with it that does not include heating.
Bingo – breakfast/snack for the kids.
Every morning I wrap my head around “what’s for breakfast” before we drive the kids to school, and making a few servings in advance was the jackpot for me. It would save me time and headaches in the morning – win!
So I scrolled around in Pinterest searching for inspiration (don’t you just LOVE Pinterest??) and I did find it – Chia Seeds Pudding.
I decided to make 2 kinds, one would be a Piña colada Pudding and the other a Chocolate Pudding.
The kids loved it, the hubby loved it and I was loving it and the fact that everyone else loved it 🙂
I made it in 6 small glasses I had but you can definitely make a smaller/ larger serving if you’d like. Mine were about the size of a pudding/ jello cup sold in grocery stores.
This is a great overnight recipe but to be honest, it’ll probably be ready after only 2 hours of refrigerating it. You can also play with the flavors and even better, make it with the kids. My daughter loved helping me make these and choose the flavor 🙂
These don’t turn out too sweet but they’re great. The kids added a tablespoon of Maple syrup on top and devoured it.
Enjoy and stay healthy!
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Coconut (Finely Shredded)
- ½ Cup Chia Seeds
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 Can of Canned Pineapple Rings (divided into 3 rings and ¾ cup of the pineapple syrup/ juice)
- 1 ¾ Cup Coconut Milk (Full Fat - I used the canned one)
- 4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- In a bowl you mix the Chia Seeds and Coconut together
- Add in the coconut milk and pineapple juice/syrup
- Cut the pineapple rings into small pieces and add into the bowl
- Finally, add the maple syrup and stir all together well
- Using a ladle or a large spoon, divide into glasses/ containers/ mason jars evenly and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving (the more the better)
*Adapted from The Healthy Foodie
I just recently found out about Chia Seeds. I know, I know, they’ve been trending for a while now, but it was only when I saw a family size pack of organic Chia seeds that I decided to find out what everyone is talking about. So yeah, they say it’s healthy, but so is sleeping and […]Read More